Along the Wine Route
Start your day by visiting the historical, wine producing village of Areni. The village of Areni is home to the Areni – 1 a 6100 year old winery, making it the oldest winery in the world. It was only discovered in 2007 by a team of Armenian and Irish Archaeologists. While in Areni, savor some delicious Armenian wine.
Experience a taste of ancient Armenian architecture at the Noravank Monastery, a beautiful example of the construction of that era, it has three tiers, each with an increasing number of intricate designs from the bottom to the top.
End your perfect day at Jermuk Spa Town known for its hot springs and mineral water pools. The area of Jermuk has been ruled by the Siunia Dynasty between the 10th and 13th centuries.The princes of Syunik regarded the mineral springs of Jermuk as healing and built several pools filled with it, thereby making the little town their holiday destination. Today, the town is home to several high-quality health resorts and spas and its scenic mountains, walking trails, fresh air, artificial lakes and waterfalls only add to its touristic appeal.
- We will head from Yerevan to Areni village along the wine route of Armenia. Areni is considered to be a wine producing center from the ancient times, archaeologists found the first winery in the world (around 6100 year-old) in a cave in Areni. Here we will taste Armenian wine that is typical to this region.
- Then we will visit the architectural masterpiece of the 14th century – Noravank monastery.
- Later we will continue our way to Jermuk spa town which is a well-known resort and is famous for its mineral water resources. Here we will visit famous waterfall “Mermaid’s hair” and taste Jermuk’s healing mineral water.
Your hotel in Yerevan
Tour and transfers in a private car
English speaking guide
Map of Armenia
All entrance fees
Guide and driver gratuity
Meals and drinks
- Duration is 7 hours – 8 hours
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please carry sunscreen, sunglasses if you take this tour in summer
- Please wear warm clothes if you take this tour in spring or autumn
- Don’t forget to carry a camera
- Please do carry a digital copy of your confirmation voucher