Our journey today takes us to ancient, traditional village named Trunyan, with a history dating back to 1000 years. Start your day at famous Kintamani which lies north-eastern Bali at the Mount Batur caldera. Kintamani village is about 1500 meters above sea level and offers dramatic views of the active volcano Mount Batur and serene Lake Batur.
From here we cycle down into the volcano crater to the shores of Mt Batur and meet our cycling guides and cycle around the edges of Lake Batur. Post which we visit Trunyan Village, from here we will travel 100 metres from the village by a small boat to a large sandalwood tree; here is where the village lays the bodies of the deceased under the giant sandalwood tree and learn about this unique Balinese tradition. Our day ends with a leisurely local lunch at a floating restaurant.
Bali Safari Adventure
- We travel to a village that is far removed from the average Balinese way of life with a history that dates back over 1,000 years.
- We first travel through Bali to Kintamani and down into the volcano crater to the shores of Mt Batur.
- Here we will be met by our cycling guides where we will take an easy cycle around the edge of Lake Batur to the village of Trunyan.
- On arrival at Trunyan we will go for a short walk around the village until we come to a small jetty where our boat awaits.
- The small boat will take us around 100 metres from the village to a large sandalwood tree; here we will observe their intriguing funeral ritual. There is no smell or gruesome sights just a fascinating glimpse and a very unique culture and practice.
- We depart from the sandalwood tree and travel by boat across the lake to a floating restaurant for lunch.
Hotel in South/Central Bali
Tour in a private vehicle
Private boat trip
Experienced-trekking and cycling guides
Bike, helmet, gloves and a spare bike
Refreshment in car and on bike
Lunch at the floating restaurant
Tax, insurance and donation to the village and temples
Guide and driver gratuity
Drinks and meals unless specified
Additional entrance fees if any
- Duration is 9 hours – 10 Hours
- Please carry sunscreen,sunglasses, hats and mosquito repellant
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Don’t forget to carry a camera
- Please do carry a digital copy of your confirmation voucher
- This tour is not suitable for young children- Children must be taller than 140cm to ride bikes.