Start your day at the Ayrudzi horse-riding club. A unique Club which specializes in the preervation of Armenian Culture and the well being of people. Here you will see a mix of European, Asian and local thoroughbreds that have been trained in many things including a unique version of ‘horse-therapy’ to promote the wellbeing of children. The Club also hosts an annual camp for orphans and teaches them horse riding and other skills.
After your horse ride on one of the Club’s trails you will head to the beautiful Saghmosavank and Hovhannavank monasteries. The monasteries are a few kilometers apart and you can explore the complex at your leisure.
Located in the village of the same name, Saghmosavank (Monastery of Palms) is built on the edge of the Kasagh Gorge and comprises two main buildings: the Church of Zion and the smaller Church of Karapet; both dating from the 13th century. The monastery’s gavit and library date to the same period.
Hovhannavank on the other hand is perched on the edge of the Kasagh Gorge, this monastery just outside the village of Ohanavan was once an important educational and theological center where manuscripts were written and illuminated.
After the breathtaking views of both the monasteries you now head to Ambred Fortress. This 7th Century fortress used to be a stone aged settlement and was over the centuries fortified and then completely rebuilt as the fortress. The fortress is also one of the best examples of Armenian fortifications and construction. As you walk around it don’t forget to visit the bath house and see the secret aqueducts for the fortress residents.
- At first we will head to Ayrudzi horse-riding club where you will be introduced to the peculiarities of horse-riding and hypnotherapy. You will ride a horse with a professional instructor.
- The next stop will be the Saghmosavank and Hovhannavank monasteries which are situated at the edge of the Kasakh river canyon. This scenery will stick in your memory forever.
- Then we will he head to Amberd fortress which is a 7th-century fortress located 2,300 meters (7,500 ft) above sea level, on the slopes of Mount Aragats – the highest point in Armenia. From here you can admire the breathtaking view of Aragats Mountain.
Hotel in Yerevan
Tour and transfers in a private car
English speaking guide
Map of Armenia
All entrance fees
Guide and driver gratuity
Meals and drinks
- Duration is 7 hours – 8 hours
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please carry sunscreen, sunglasses if you take this tour in summer
- Please wear warm clothes if you take this tour in spring or autumn
- Don’t forget to carry a camera
- Please do carry a digital copy of your confirmation voucher