Wings of Freedom I
Drive through the vast mountainous expanse and mysterious caves of Vayots Dzor, the wine producing province of Armenia. Vayots Dzor houses the world’s oldest wine cellar dating back almost 6200 years. Your first stop will be Noravank Monastery, a beautiful example of the construction of that era, it has three tiers, each with an increasing number of intricate designs from the bottom to the top.
After Noravank you visit the Tatev Monastery, a 9th century historic monument located at the end of a deep gorge of the Vorotan River, here you will have a chance to experience the World’s Longest Ropeway -TaTever, while going up to the basalt rock that the monastery is made on. On the way back to Yerevan, you visit Khndzoresk, a historic cave village in Eastern Armenia. Here you will see some of the caves Armenians have called home for a thousand years.
- We will head from Yerevan and cross through wine producing province of Armenia – Vayots Dzor and stop at the architectural masterpiece – Noravank.
- Then we will visit Tatev monastery which is situated in Syunik province. Here you will take the longest ropeway in the world – Tatever. Tatev monastery is gorgeous in its perfect harmony with the breathtaking view on the Vorotan river canyon.
- On the way back we will visit Kndzoresk village. Khndzoresk is widely famous for its canyon with the picturesque rock formations and ancient cave settlement. The caves, some of which are currently used as stables and warehouses, used to be inhabited till the 1950s. It is also famous for its swinging bridge.
Hotel in Yerevan
Tour and transfers in a private car
English speaking guide
Map of Armenia
All entrance fees
Ticket to Tatever Ropeway
Guide and driver gratuity
Meals and drinks
- Duration is 10 hours – 12 hours
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please carry sunscreen, sunglasses if you take this tour in summer
- Please wear warm clothes if you take this tour in spring or autumn
- Don’t forget to carry a camera
- Please do carry a digital copy of your confirmation voucher